- These are the web sites of people or places I think are interesting, educational, useful, or COOL!
- If you have any others’ you think people would like, contact me, and I’ll put them up here!
- Forumosa – A great forum site for learning about Taiwan!
- The Real Taiwan – Another really cool site for “what’s happening in Taiwan, as well as some great blogs.
- Waakao.com – A great site for all things Taiwan
- The Wild East Magazine – A great online mag, produced by our good friend and fellow potlucker Trista!
- Taiwan Fun Magazine – A long time online and print magazine all about Taiwan, great stuff!
- Sterling Shao – A great artist, actor, dancer, improviser, teacher, and all around cool guy!! (Sterling is the artist who designed the art for my Let’s Move CD)
- Community Center Taipei – A fantastic place for connecting with the expat community in Taipei. I worked with the Community Center for several years to present a new early childhood program for parents and their young babies. The program is still going!!
- Parent Pages – Jennifer Chao now offers the early childhood program Kindermusik at the above Community Center and other locations, and she also runs this awesome web site about parenting and families in Taiwan. Check it out!
- Music with Mar – Florida based Children’s Educator/Entertainer dedicated to brain research-based music. Mar Harmon was one of the very first people to guide, inspire, and believe in me. She is a wonderful person, with excellent programs and materials! Frequently the keynote speaker of national early childhood Conventions, including ECA and many others! Thanks Mar for everything!
- Shana Banana – I met Shana Banana at a Borders Book Store in Tampa Bay. I was just thinking about producing my own kids music and becoming a children’s entertainer. I was inspired by her professionalism, and she gave me some great advice. Not to mention her awesome persona, shows, puppets, and music! Thanks Shana! (PS, her non kids music ROCKS too!
- Pathfinder Outdoor Education – This is a program I used to work for with great staff and awesome curriculum! They are AEE (Association of Experiential Education) accredited. And of course, they are my good friends. Tell em Brian sent ya!
- Urban Gypsies – A great band that I used to play in, led by iconic Edu-Tainer, Barney Waterbury. This was one of my favorite band projects. I learned so much playing with them! Check our their shows, CD’s, videos, etc! Great everyone friendly events.
- Buffalo Strange – Yet another band I used to play with. Originally called “The Leaves” it was a more mellow psychedelic group back then. Now, they are probably best categorized as a Jam Band, with great danceable original and classic tunes. Check em out! You won’t be sorry!
- Uncle John’s Band – Probably the coolest Grateful Dead cover Band on Earth! These guys are a Florida tradition, and a favorite for anyone who loves to boogie to the Grateful Dead’s extensive songlist. Check them out at Skippers (below)
- Skippers Smokehouse – A way cool venue for nationally touring live bands (I even did a couple kids shows there as well as playing there with various bands). Skippers features an outside stage, great sound, awesome food (vegetarian friendly too!), good vibes, beach sand, and groovy people.